Hey, I got tagged. That’s great because I’m lazy ! 🙂 Thanks Trina.
FOUR jobs I have had
I’ve had quite a few jobs. Most of you know I spent the last 20 years as a chemist/manager so I’m not going to count that one.
1) Telephone operator at a private answering service:
I did this job for a couple of years actually in my early 20’s. Oddly enough, I loved it. I got to talk to hundreds of people every day but never had to see them. Hmmm, now that I think of it…its kind of like blogging! Perfect job for an introvert who likes people. 🙂 The best part was when I first started we had an old fashioned ‘chord board’. It was really fun. Think about Ruth Buzzy on ‘Laugh-in’ If you don’t know what I’m talking about you’re too young to be reading this blog. (kidding!)
2) Synthetic chemist:
No, I wasn’t synthetic but I was synthesing a particular molecule (a heart imaging drug), labeled with radioactive iodine. This was an interesting job because I learned a lot about radiation, working with really scary shit, robotics, the nuclear industry, cyclotrons, and building walls with lead bricks.
3) Formulations chemist:
I spent some time working with a company that made insecticides that hadÂ bacteria as the active ingredient. The best part of this job was that it was a small business with a lot of really smart, really nice people. The lab/office was right beside a microbrewery. Nuff said.
4) Kresge’s lunch counter- Slave:
This was my first real job I had as a teenager. My god, I hated every minute of it. First, I’m not that good at just doing what other people want or being nice to people who aren’t behaving. Second, I had to be ‘in public’ and that was awful. On the other hand, I got to work for this dominatrix with a 4 foot tall beehive who beat all us teenaged slaves into her idea of good workers. I learned quite a bit about what I never wanted to do for a living. I remember my mom telling me ‘if you can make it six months in that job you can probably make it anywhere’. She’s right. On the day of my six months…I quit.
FOUR movies I could watch over and over
This is hard because I don’t watch movies that often. Here are four movies that I have watched more than once and enjoyed them:
1) Shine-I’m quite fond of piano music and stories that show how amazing the human spirit is. This show has both of those.
2) Four Weddings and a Funeral – I admit, its been years since I’ve seen this and I also can’t stand Hugh Grant. Nevertheless, I did see this movie two or three times with different friends and enjoyed it every time.
3) Braveheart – interesting, scary, moving, sad….great show.
4) A Christmas Carol-the 1934 version with Alistair Sim. I have watched this movie over and over at Christmas and loved it every time!
FOUR places I have lived apart from where I live now
Rossland BC, Victoria, BC, Vancouver, BC, and Edmonton Alberta.
FOUR TV shows that I love
I have to skip this. I watch so little TV that I can’t do it. Although, there was a time that I never, ever missed an episode of M*A*S*H!
FOUR places I have been on holiday
Geez, you won’t know any of these names….Christina Lake, Osoyoos, Slave Lake, Gregg Lake.
FOUR websites I visit daily
I used to be able to say I visited four daily but for several months have been way down on my internet time. Every time I’m on I do visit Waking Ambrose, my own blog, and my Yahoo mail. I guess I have to count Google.ca too since that’s my home page 🙂
FOUR favorite foods
1) Cherries-its hard to get really good cherries here but its one of my favorite foods
2) Spaghetti and meatballs – can you believe that? Total comfort I guess. Most pasta dishes appeal to me.
3) Chicken buryani with raita
FOUR places I would rather be right now
1) Victoria-if I had a transporter I’d love to pop in and visit my Mom and give Joan a hand.
2) Calgary-my dearest friend just had an operation and I’d like to pop in there too and see for myself that she’s ok.
3) No other. Notice in 1 and 2 I said I’d like to ‘pop’ in to those other places. That’s because I do like where I’m at for the most part.
FOUR books I enjoy reading over and over again
I don’t really get around to reading any books over and over again. I just keep reading more and more. Technically, I have read some spectroscopy books over and over but that was work.
I will re-read books in a series when I get a new one in the series.
FOUR CDs that never leave my regular rotation
1) Sarah MacLachlan-Surfacing
2) Pachelbel, Albinoni – Baroque Classics
3) Johnny Reid – Born to Roll
3) Enigma MCMXC a.D.
I was thinking I might not tag anyone else but then I thought I’d like to hear more ofrom these blogging friends and I’d like you to go visit their interesting blogs in the States, Iceland, and Australia so I’m tagging:
Monika-The Ice Queen
Tsduff-Terry’s Time Out
Meow-Varieties of Life