Well, Happy new years to my blogging buddies and other faithful friends who haven’t given up on me!! I hope that the coming year brings great things for you.
I am, as usual, giving some thought to the humungous list of things I’d like to accomplish this year. But first, I told you I’d go for public accountability last year when I published my goals. Honestly, I’ve failed miserably on quite a few of them but managed to get a few done. Here they are:
1. Re-discover my ribs. Seriously, theyâ€™ve been missing for a few years. We canâ€™t go on like this. Iâ€™m bound and determined to get lean and fit this year.
Yay, yes, I’ve rediscovered them. Found them right there where they were supposed to be now that pesky roll is gone!
2. Re-learn whatever French I knew. I have an 8 CD set I bought at Costco for teaching yourself using the computer. Now I just have to get them out of the box!
Gaaaaaa, never mind. Have to bump this one into 2007.
3. Visit my family in Victoria at least once.
4. Go for a â€˜girlâ€™s weekendâ€™ with Nancy.
5. Finish painting the hallway and bedrooms on the main floor of the house.
Nope, move along, nothing to see here!
6. Partner with my beloved to get the basement finished. We need to do wiring, drywall, lighting, floors, painting-piece of cake!
Nope-bumped forward too
7. Find a way to love my job again or find a new job!
Yes! I’m outta there.
8. Meet at least one cyber-friend ( that one is already in the works with a business trip to Texas in March).
Yes-I met Godless Mom in the Bible Belt (who doesn’t blog anymore) as well as MHN for short
9. Get the kids into more swimming lesson, horseback riding, and Tae Kwon do.
Nope, didn’t do this either but we did do T-ball and more hockey.
Oh well, my 2007 goals are many and varied and I’m looking forward to my ‘retirement’ so I can get some things done. More on that later.
Right now, the sun is shining and I have a dog who wants to go out and play with me.
If I don’t make it back for a few days, Happy New Year!