1) No posts: I’m not posting right now because I don’t have time. By the time the kids are in bed and the house is in order, all I can think about is my bottle of Ibuprofen and getting horizontal. Which brings me to my nose;
2) The nose: I’m healing up and definitely better than last week. However, I have a constant headache and the inside of my skull is still dealing with all that blood that flew around in there and now has to find an exit. Gross and annoying. By nighttime my face really hurts.
3) Broadband: I really appreciate all the praying and positive vibes that have happened on behalf of my nose and sinuses. Thank you blog buddies. Now, if you don’t mind, could you please pray a bit harder for my broadband? I know, I’m awfully demanding. The guy came out last week, climbed up on the roof, and waved his big tool around (get your mind out of the gutter). He said there was no way to get a signal from their tower unless we had another 20 feet on top of the roof. So, that would mean a 40 foot pole beside the house. Not going to happen.
Then, DH said another guy at work heard there was another provider with a transmitter way higher on the same tower plus they have a tower closer to Ardrossan that might be suitable for our area. So, fingers crossed again please. These new providers are going to come and try for a signal on Monday.
4) More Broadband for those who might be interested: All these wireless towers are part of the Alberta Supernet project which we taxpayers dished out for. Its supposed to allow all the rural people (um, most of Alberta is rural) to get broadband. Kind of cool. The downside is that its fairly new, there is a lot of competition between small companies that don’t have big advertising budgets so its hard to find out who’s who except by word of mouth. But, those of you who know me, know I’m persistent and determined so will not give up easily.
5) Visitors, Yay! : My sister Joan is an Orthopaedic nurse. Their Canadian organization has a big conference every year in a different city in Canada. This year its in Edmonton. She is driving up for it and Mom is coming along ‘for the drive’. (Crazy Mom, its a 2 day drive).
They arrive tonight.
And yes, I’m shameless. I plan to bribe them with riches beyond imagining if they’ll only do my laundry while I’m at work tomorrow and they are at our house… doing nothing…. sighing and yawning with boredom. It will be like doing them a favour. Honestly.
6) Shutdown: DH is still working tiresome hours; up at 5, gone then back around 7 p.m. He’s had two days off since April 7 and is now officially a zombie. I am tired of it too. We all miss him, its like living with a wraith. A really tired, somewhat testy wraith.
So, there you go. That’s it. Talk to you soon.