I can’t believe its Friday already, again. I think I lost a couple of days while sitting around with frozen peas on my face!
Ok, a few things:
1) There is a bright side to everything. My colleagues from work totally made my day yesterday when they sent home a lovely basket of fruit and goodies with get well wishes. I was really touched. And of course, the kids figured it was a good deal and this morning had to try it all out.
2) During my week of rest, I’ve discovered a fabulous mystery writer in the books in my closet. Remember my collection of backreading? Well, I’m trying to pare it down. I’ve been reading ‘Dead Sleep’ by Greg Iles. Ohhhh, fantastic.
3) I discovered what First Nations meant by her comment about ‘the chicken livers’ phase. But, because I love my blog buddies and I’ve used up my quota of grossness for the month, I’m not going to share it with you. If you ever get this sinus surgery done, mail me and we’ll discuss it ok?
4) My son is a fashion victim today and I let him go to school dressed like that. He is wearing a yellow monster truck sweatshirt, blue shorts, and snow boots. I suggested maybe he wear running shoes, but no, he wanted the snow boots. He said he’ll change at school. I have this great book by Barabara Coloraso called ‘Kids are Worth it’ and she talks alot about picking your battles. This is one I chose to just let go. I mean, it won’t hurt him right? So, I just hid my grins and carried on. Kids are so cute.
5) I’ve left the taxes to the last minute. Today, I will do the taxes. Blurgh.
6) On the bright side again, tonight my brother David and his wife will stay with us. Twice a year they come to Alberta from B.C. to drop off and pick up their kids from University. Yay, I’m looking forward to their visit. (Logo-In way of educating about your new siblings, David is 2 years older than me, ‘Thing 7’ in your system of counting)